RACING TO RIO THE MOVIE LOCAL COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
The Racing to Rio Movie recognizes, explores, and highlights the Clearwater/Saint Petersburg Area as an Olympic & Paralympic training ground, and focuses on the important role it plays in the lives of so many people of all abilities and the impact it has locally, nationally and internationally.
This is a HUGE opportunity for Visit St. Pete/Clearwater:
- To increase visibility of the amazing sailing and yachting grounds offered in the area
- To create awareness of and enrollment in the sailing programs available here for both ability challenged and able bodied individuals
- To offer Olympic and Paralympic viewing access and potential meet and greets with the Paralympic and Olympic athletes for visitors and residents
- To celebrate the Community as a forward thinking and productive team
- To support our Paralympic and Olympic Athletes and hometown heroes
- To further the economy of the area – Increase “Heads in Beds”
- To gain additional professional film footage of the area and its value
- To leave a positive future legacy
Racing to Rio the Movie is more than a story of Paralympic sailors who are meeting their challenges head-on to compete internationally as world-class athletes. It is the epic tale of people who are committed to creating a legacy for sailors of all abilities, while bettering the communities around them.
While Racing to Rio has exceptional appeal in both the international sailing and Paralympic communities, the story holds a special place in the local community of Pinellas County, where these heroes reside, work compete, and inspire.